March 14, 2023
Our March meeting was held on Tuesday, March 14, 2023 via Zoom.
- Call to Order
- Treasurer’s Report
- BUSD-5th Dist. Candidate – Ali Mansouri
- Jed Holtzman, RMI
- Igor Tregub, CA Solar & Storage Assn.
- Benicia Community Air Monitoring Program (BCAMP) Forum
- March 27, 2023 at 7 pm – Air Quality, Monitoring & Human Health Risk
- Register: www.fenceline.org
- Dr. Marjaneh Moini, Oncologist; Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Don Gamiles, President, Argos Scientific
- Eric Stevenson, former mgr. BAAQMD; Argos
- Solano Pride Center – Trans Day of Visibility Rally
- Friday, March 31, 2023 at 4 pm at 675 Texas Street, Fairfield
- BBQ in the Park for Solano County Democrats
- May 20, 2023 at Allan Witt Park in Fairfield
- Seeking art donations for the Silent Art and Dessert Auction
- Poetry Reading from Yearning to Breathe Free at the Benicia Public Library, March 19, 2023 at 3 pm
- City Council Meeting March 21, 2023 at 6 pm will honor Roger Straw. All are invited to attend.
- March 25, 2023 City Council Annual Goal Setting Meeting 8:30 to 4:30 at Benicia Public Library . All are invited to attend.
- March 28, 2023 6 pm – special City Council meeting focusing on the pedestrian bridge replacement options
- City Council will hold several meetings about the budget April through June
- NEXT MEETING: April 11, 2022 at 6:30 pm in person at the Library
District 5 BUSD “Special Vacancy” Election
We heard from District 5 School Board candidate Dr. Ali Mansouri. He spoke about his background, why he is running, and answered questions from members and attendees.
As a reminder, only residents of District 5 are eligible to vote in the April 11 election.
Methane Gas in the Home: What You Need to Know
Guest speaker Jed Holtzman from RMI (formerly the Rocky Mountain Institute) gave a presentation on how much our gas appliances contribute to air pollution, how new regulations proposed by the Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD) could help address the issue, and how they may impact us. The recorded video of this section of the meeting can be accessed here.
Kathy Kerridge gave a brief presentation on converting home gas appliances to electric and recommended Green, Blue, and You with useful information for home conversion and upgrades. The recorded video of this section of the meeting can be accessed here.
Why You May Want to Get Solar Now
Our second guest speaker, Igor Tregub, Director of Strategic Partnerships at the CA Solar and Storage Association and Chair of the California Democratic Party Environmental Caucus, spoke about the recent changes made by the California Public Utility Commission (CPUC) to how utilities will pay for power from rooftop solar, and provided a lot of useful information needed to make decisions about solar. The recorded video of this section of the meeting can be accessed here.
To lock in the most favorable rates you must submit the following to your utility BY APRIL 14:
- a complete and correct interconnection application to your utility;
- a signed contract with a solar provider;
- a single-line diagram;
- a complete California Contractor’s State License Solar Energy System disclosure document;
- a signed California Solar Consumer Protection Guide; and
an oversizing attestation (if applicable).
Action: Letter Writing with Vote Forward
You are encouraged to all to sign up for letter writing for the upcoming Wisconsin Supreme Court election through Vote Forward. A member will host a letter writing party on Thursday March 23, 2023. Contact us for details.
Your Membership in PDB – One Last Reminder
If you haven’t yet, please renew your PDB membership by clicking this link to pay your annual $20 in membership dues. While you’re there, please consider making an additional donation to help fund PDB’s future activities.