What will it take to get a woman on the 2020 ballot and beyond?
The women’s and youth caucus of the Progressive Democrats of Benicia invite YOU to attend a Women’s Empowerment Panel on Wednesday, February 19, 7pm at the Benicia library.
Our Women’s Empowerment Panel speakers will include:
- Ana Petero, a past Fairfield-Suisun school board candidate and currently secretary of the Solano Commission for women and girls
- Susannah Delano, Executive Director of Close the Gap California
- Monica Brown, Solano County who is Supervisor District 2, and up for re-election on March 3rd
The panel will be asked to address:
- How can we get more women elected to government offices?
- How can we empower more women take the leap, to run, to get on the ballot?
The featured speakers have all been involved in election campaigns, and offer unique and inspiring perspectives.
Please join us for this engaging evening of conversation about getting women on the 2020 ballot. We expect to be inspired and empowered!
Q&A time will be allocated. Open to all… sponsored by the Women’s and Youth Caucus of the Progressive Democrats of Benicia.
When: Wednesday February 19
Where: Benicia Library,
150 East L Street in the Dona Benicia room.
If you were to vote TODAY…
Who would you choose as
Democratic candidate for President?
On March 3, California will join other states in our first Super Tuesday primary election. Some have already voted by mail – others will vote on March 3. Details at Solano County Registrar of Voters.
At our February 12 Candidate forum, we asked Progressive Democrats of Benicia MEMBERS to vote for their candidate to beat Trump. Our PDB vote remains open until February 19. IF YOU ARE A MEMBER WHO MISSED THE FEBRUARY 12 VOTE, indicate your preference below and click on Submit. Stay tuned for results!
PDB MEMBERS ONLY:
Enter your info & check a box for your choice…
Presidential Candidates’ Forum
& Endorsement Vote
Wednesday, February 12, 6:30pm, Dona Benicia Room, Benicia Library
In advance of the March 3 California Primary Election, we want to took a poll of our Progressive Democrats of Benicia preferences to offer Benicians a PDB endorsement. So we held a Democratic presidential candidates’ forum for our February 12 meeting.
These are campaigns which were represented on the panel and the person speaking on behalf of their candidate:
- Pete Buttigieg, Nick Fletcher (or representative), CA Campaign Political Director
- Mike Bloomberg, Patty Mitchell, Regional Campaign Director, Contra Costa Co.
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar, Constance Beutel, Benicia supporter/local activist
- Sen. Bernie Sanders, Mark Van Landuyt, (2016 Sanders delegate/campaign organizer Contra Costa Co.
- Tom Steyer, Luis Sanchez, (CA Deputy Political Director)
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Anthony Galace, Oakland campaign office
- (NOTE: Invitations were sent to the other campaigns but no responses were received.)
After the presentations by the candidates’ representatives, everyone present participated in a Q&A, and then PDB members voted to endorse the candidate of their choice.
Members not present had a week to vote online via the website. The online Membership Poll went up on the website on 2/12/20 after the meeting.
Endorsement results will be posted on the website after online voting has closed on 2/19/20. Only members can vote.