Progressive Democrats of Benicia met on Tuesday evening, January 8, 2019 at 7pm. On the agenda for this meeting was election of PDB officers and discussion of activities for PDB in the coming months and seeking ideas from members.
MEETING LOCATION: Casa de Vilarrasa, 383 East I Street, Benicia, (corner of East I and East 4th Streets). The room is called the Garden Room.
INVITATION FROM RALPH DENNIS, CHAIR…
December 14, 2018
It’s time to start the New Year off right – with the first 2019 PDB meeting! At the top of your 2019 to-do list, I am sure.
Well, ready or not, our next meeting is scheduled:
January 8th 7:00pm
The Garden Room
383 Casa Vilarassa (corner of East I Street and East 4th).
The Agenda for the evening will include:
- Election of PDB officers.
- Mimosa Montag, Vallejo-Benicia Indivisible for Justice. Indivisible 2.0 for 2019.
- PDB planning for 2019 actions/meetings.
- Benicia visit by Cong. Mike Thompson (co-sponsors)
- Community air monitoring (expand info/awareness)
- Recruiting women for public office: commissions and boards, gender parity in CA Legislature…. International Women’s Day, March 8.
- Ideas from members
For those of you who were in on the beginning of PDB, we had our first public meeting on August 27, 2017 at the Garden Room, where we will be on January 8, 2019. It’s nice to revisit old roots, and many thanks to charter PDB member June Mejias for making the arrangements, then and now.
Don’t forget, PDB annual dues are payable in January of each year, that means you can pay your 2019 dues as you come to the Jan. 8 meeting. How convenient!!!
Hope to see you on Jan. 8. By the way, seating space in the Garden Room is about one-half the space we have had at the Library. A word to the wise….
As always, thoughts and suggestions are encouraged, and please visit your PDB web site at progressivedemocratsofbenicia.com/.
Ralph Dennis, Chair