No meeting on March 18
Members and Friends of PDB,
We have decided to cancel PDB’s next General Membership meeting scheduled for March 18 at the Dona Benicia Library in Benicia. We’ve taken this action as a precaution due to concerns about exposure to COVID-19. Below are the latest recommendations from the City of Benicia issued on March 9:
CITY OF BENICIA UPDATE ON COVID-19 (3/9/20):
“…At this time, the City recommends that individuals evaluate opportunities to attend events, programs, recreation classes, etc., on a case by case basis. Older people and people with certain underlying health conditions such as heart disease, lung disease and diabetes, for example, seem to be at greater risk of serious illness and may want to be more conservative when deciding whether or not to attend events. The City has begun implementing enhanced facility cleaning to reduce potential exposure to COVID-19 as well as posting reminders about hand washing and other precautions.”
Here’s a link to the City of Benicia’s web page with coronavirus information, including the full March 9 press release – ci.benicia.ca.us/coronavirus.
And, here are links to additional information on the coronavirus:
Johns Hopkins CSSE Outbreak Tracker
CDC – What You Need to Know about COVID-19
CDC – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
CDC -Confirmed Cases in the United States (updated regularly)
Solano County Public Health Updates & Resources
OSHA Information for Workers and Employers
Sign up for CDC Updates here
Our next meeting is scheduled for April 22. We’ll share more information on the Earth Day program soon. In the meantime, please be cautious and follow the personal contact protocols recommended by healthcare officials:
- Wash hands with liquid soap and water for at least 20 seconds; alcohol-based sanitizers may also be used.
- Clean and disinfect any surfaces you or other people frequently touch.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue (or your sleeve) when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home if you are sick or feel sick (unless you are seeking medical care).
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Get the flu shot to protect yourselves and others from the seasonal flu.
Please be safe and stay informed!
Have you paid your 2020 dues yet? If you are a member of PDB, January was the month to renew your annual dues (unless you joined since October, 2019, in which case your initial membership and dues count for 2020). PLEASE RENEW TODAY!